The Van Antwerp PTO's mission is to provide programs and activities that encourage social growth within the students in our community; provide support to the teachers in our community; and provide opportunity for parents in our community to stay active in student's growth.
The Van Antwerp PTO is funded in part by the collection of dues. Annual dues are $10.00 and are collected at Back-To-School Night. You may also pay dues by sending them in with your child in an envelope marked ATTN: PTO.
PTO FUNDS AT WORK
Each student at Van Antwerp benefits from the PTO’s services and funds. Here are some of the ways the VA PTO is working for our kids:
- Mini-Grants fund projects in the students’ classroom. Last year, the PTO contributed $1,200 toward projects in your students’ classes. Some examples of mini-grant projects funded by the PTO are new microphones for the Music Department and classroom supplies for Art, Technology & Special Education.
- Student Scholarships are given to any student in need of funds for supplemental activities, field trips and school supplies. The PTO provides the financial ability for all of our students to be prepared and participate regardless of financial means.
- Assemblies are financially supported by the PTO’s Arts and Education at the recommendation of faculty.
- Adopt-A-Family is a PTO run program which donates funds directly to families in the VA community in need of financial support during the holiday season.
- Socials are run by the PTO and supported by our faculty as a service to students.
- Direct Teacher Support to aid in the purchase of classroom learning materials and supplies.